The Latest on the Men’s Shaving Club trial
A men’s shaving club has been ordered to pay $6.6 million to a woman who says she was discriminated against by its owners over the last two years, The New York Times reported Friday.
The settlement comes as the case continues to unfold and will not affect the lawsuit the club filed in January 2015.
In 2015, the state of New York announced a settlement of $2.8 million against the Shaving Shack of Long Island City, New York.
The club’s owner, Mark Wahl, was charged with three counts of sexual harassment and one count of sexual assault, along with the misdemeanor of indecent exposure.
Wahl was fired by the Shaves Shack, and the trial ended in June with the jury finding him not guilty of any charges.
The women, who have chosen not to give their last names, filed the lawsuit in 2015.
The women said that Wahl made a habit of calling women on the phone, asking if they were wearing a bikini or hair extensions, and made comments about their appearance and body.
They said that after the women complained to Wahl about the harassment, he threatened to sue them.
The suit said the women were told that they would not be able to work at the Shave Shack after Wahl left the business.
In December, the trial judge dismissed the case against Wahl and his associates, saying the evidence did not prove the women had been discriminated against because of their sexual orientation.